From:
Lynn Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:48:09 -0600
I was reading a book by a celebrity mom about having twins.  She was 45
when they were born, and pregnancy was hard on her, so she decided she
would definitely bottle feed, to preserve her own health.  Never mind
the health of two premie twins in the NICU, but you can insert your own
rant here :)

After a few days, the NICU nurses brought one twin out and said, "Okay,
it's time for skin to skin!"  The mom repeated that she would not be
nursing, and the nurses said that was fine, but she still needed to do
s2s.  Darned if that baby didn't root around, latch on, and convince
mom that there was no way she wasn't going to breastfeed them :)

The rest of the book has typical misinformation about how you can't
carry twins to 40 weeks and pre-eclampsia is a mystery, but the s2s
story was great, and there is a fabulous picture of this beautiful
woman tandem nursing non-discreetly.

I picked it up from the bargain bin, and now I haven't a clue what to
do with it, because I can't give it to the library but I hate to throw
it away. . .

Lynn in MO