From:
Mary Renard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:57:10 -0500
May I respectfully suggest that people who would like to see Oprah do a
positive show about breastfeeding, LLL, etc. during LLLI's next conference
in Chicago (July 2001) should FIRST talk to the people at LLLI who may be
making their own overtures to Oprah regarding this?

When Oprah's producers receive multiple contacts from various sources, it is
confusing and the organization in question ends up looking like it does not
know what it is doing.  In this case, I can envision someone from LLLI's
Schaumburg office calling Oprah's office only to be told, "Oh, we've already
gotten a bunch of mail about that and we sent you an answer, didn't you get
it?"

It's easy to fire off an e-mail once you've got the address and it takes a
little more time and effort to make sure that your e-mail is well-placed and
helpful - please do make that extra effort!

Mary Riley Renard, RN, BSN, IBCLC, LLLL
former member, LLLI Board of Directors