From:
Denhez Louise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 16:48:19 -0500
The first thing my husband told me yesterday afternoon when I came in the
door after a day of work (and a very cold walk) was: "Bill Nye is milking
a dolphin !" And the show did explain that a whale was a mammal, just
like humans. Wow ! I love that show. :)
On the other hand, my 21-month old son has been refusing the breast for
the last 24 hours (after saying "it is good" during a feeding just a
week ago; go figure)... and I am NOT ready to wean. :(
So, I am searching
for
what I did wrong during the holidays (coupled with my
grand-mother's
funerals)...  I do feel sort of guilty, I wish I never had known that
the normal
age for weaning is 2.5 to 4 years old (even though I am mature enough to
also see that this culture and my way of life as a full-time working
mother are not natural either)... And I am sharing it with you, so
that we all remember to be very very gentle with people experimenting a
failure of some sort, and to be careful when using blanket statements. I
do see where certain books come from !!!

Louise Denhez, M.D., M.P.H, and hurting Mom.