From:
ROBERT CORDES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:11:08 -0500
Timely post on the "dose related" responce of breastmilk. As my wife fed our 13.5 month old this evening she remarked he hasnt wanted to breastfed since the morning. Could he be slowly weaning?! I quickly figured he's still getting 3 or 4 breastfeeds in a 24 hour peroid. Should be enough to keep the rotavirus away.
For those not familiar with ,it rotavirus is a major winter/early spring cause of pediatric gastroenteritis. It causes a handful of deaths in the US each year but thousands of hospital admissions for dehydration.
Breastfeeding of course is very protective.
There is a vaccine awaiting USFDA approvial made by Wyeth. How ironic isnt it?
-Rob