From:
Daniel Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 11:58:13 -0400
5/4/99

Dear Lactnetters:

I am a neonatologist who will be starting a new position in which I
will be creating and deveoping a comprehensive lactation program at
Sound Shore Medical Center in New Rochelle, NY.

However, I know nothing about billing and insurance issues relating to
lactation in New York state.  I spoke to someone in the billing office
at my new position and they don't have a clue, either.  For instance,
are there any CPT codes for services provided by LC's- consults,
pumping and storage of breastmilk, etc. .  Another major issue relates
to whether the program needs to be off-site.  In other words, I heard
something to the effect that in some states, the out-patient program
may not be in the hospital (that is, if you want to get reimbursed).

I would appreciate if anyone out there, especially those practicing in
New York state, can be of assistance.  I'm sure there are a lot of
other important issues of which I am not aware.

I would prefer to e-mailed privately: [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Danny Hirsch, MD
Attending Neonatologist