From:
sally etheridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 21:58:36 +0100
Does anyone have any experience/info re Ehlersa Danlos Syndrome and its effect on milk production? I visited a mother today whose baby has not regained birthweight at almost one month. I helped to improve the position and attachment and observed reasonable feeding though not great - but could have been due to baby being small and jaundiced, and hoped it will improve now the attachment is better. I have just looked at some posts on some forums that suggest some mothers have difficulty with milk production, but it is not a condition I know enough about to understand why - and have not heard of it being a cause of low milk production before. I shall monitor and we will also try expressing after Thursday if necessary as the baby is going to be weighed by the Health Visitor, who wants her to supplement with formula if not enough improvement.

Sally Etheridge IBCLC
Project Lead
Mammas Community Breastfeeding Support Project
07580159278