Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:59:49 -0500
From my experience in research for my Master's Thesis you will find that
each state has their own rules and regs and each jurisdiction puts their
own twist on the mix.  Only Federal prisons have like policies in all the
institutions however depending on the "warden's personal feelings" they
may be interpeted and inforced as he/she sees fit.
An on-line search for the specific institution may reveal what you are
looking for or a call to the state's prison board.

Ann G. Cagigas, RN, MA
GSA Health Unit,  Room 1010
1800 F St., NW
Washington, DC 20405