From:
Sarah Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 17:03:16 EDT
Hi
From an earlier posting "Bottle Feeding presents no danger
to your baby's health"  Can you all see the steam coming out
of my ears!  I can almost be tolerant, if I try hard, of mothers
who bottle feed for all sorts of reasons.  I usually say that
it is primarily poor education or ignorance or whatever.  But
to see such a statement from a medical source in 1995 is outrageous.
Maybe we can wave a copy of "A Fresh Look at the Risks of
Artificial Infant Feeding" in front of their faces. (Marsha
Walker Journal of Human Lactation 9(2), 1993.  It is an excellent
article with references, not too long, that can be shaared with
health care providers and non-medical people as well.

Sarah Barnett
LLL Leader Bronx (New York City) NY