From:
"sue.holden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:59:18 +0100
Hello,

I saw a heads up that the poem had appeared on a lactation~professional
board. I knew it must be LACTNET   whose archives I visit every so
often,
and it was easy to find the posts on the subject. I just wanted to pass
along
some clarification.

The poem did go up on a message board format, but not on Storknet. (I
am one of the authors) We are a close knit group who have exchanged
home addresses in addition to 'real' names behind the user names. We
discussed the subject of ownership and copyrighting at length with the
powers that be on the boards as well as with copyright professionals,
and
we do own the rights to the work. Also, the poem you read is far
inferior
to the one we have now.  The author credit would be "Mia Reimers"; an
acronym of sorts.  While we're pleased and proud to know it's meeting
with some approval, we would appreciate credit given and copyright
protected.

* LOL: I have also nursed in my seat belt, just as described by others
on
your list. Baby in the car seat, mom leaning over to reach. BTW, Pat,
I also live in SNJ and think I know of the tragedy you mention. In fact,
had a letter to the editor published regarding that accident. The infant
was
not in the car seat. :-( Had the family waited till they were stopped
and/or
mom and child were in proper restraints, they probably would not have
lost their lives. Very sad!

Thanks so much for your consideration. You may fwd this to the list if
you believe it would be helpful.  Thanks!

NancyA