From:
Dawn K Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:48:27 -0600
Debbie,
I too would be very interested in what the down side seems to be.  What
arguments are being used against domperidone?  I have used it myself and
found it to be extremely effective with few side effects (somewhat looser
stools -- sorry if that's too much information).  This compared with
providing nutrition for an infant...hummmm.  The idea that we have
metoclopramide available in this country is a lame counter argument.  The
side effects and risks to both mother and baby are far and away more
desirable with domperidone.  Besides that the AAP has approved domperidone
for use in breastfeeding mothers while metoclopramide has not been reviewed
and "may be of some concern" (Hale).

This sort of thing baffles me.
Dawn Martin
Austin, TX