From:
Jodi Smart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:56:02 -0400
Hi all,
        I have been reading posts for a few months and I am in such awe of the
knowledge and caring that is out there. Now it is time to jump in.
         I am a RN and recent IBCLC. It seems hard to believe that it is almost a
year since I took the exam. I have been a maternal child, newborn or NICU
nurse for 24+ years. I work in a community hospital. We are currently
trying to establish a lactation program that will include myself and
another RN, IBCLC who currently works in our OB Home Care Program. We are
meeting some resistance and it is so reasuring  and uplifting to read posts
from others that have experienced this road.
        Right now we are developing a new lactation seminar for staff nurses. We
are going to pattern most of it after the Model Hospital Policies from
Florida's Healthy Mother's / Healthy Babies but we want to add some nice
slides showing breastfeeding couplets. My colleague has heard of some
slides called "More Than Food" by Hariet Hardigan. Does anyone out there
know how to get these slides or of any others that might be appropriate?
Please e-mail me privately.     Thanks if advance.
        I think that this is just a wonderful resource and outlet for the
frustrations of being a breastfeeding advocate. We are truly a special
group. The diversity of our backgrounds is truly amazing. I am looking
forward to continuing my education "via the net" and to meeting my new
"family"
                         Fondly,
                            Jodi Smart RN IBCLC
                 ( in steamy Port St. Lucie Fl.)