From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 1995 10:13:52 -0400
Hi all,

I have a mom who had a full term baby who was transferred from our hospital
to a tertiary center for potential surgery - kidney probs.  Mom has been
pumping with a Lactina, double pump set up; states 7 to 8 times/24 hours, 10
- 15 min. per session since day 2 (had a C-Sec).  Has been pumping over a
week now, and is getting only dampness around the flange from left breast,
and "drops" from right breast.  No history of hemorrhage, infertility.
 Prenatal breast changes normal, absolutely NO change in breasts since baby
born - no fullness, nothing.  Weight gain during preg. 65 pounds.  States her
mother said she couldn't bf because of little milk.  I reco. prolactin levels
and based on results (just talked to her Thurs - have been gone, so not again
yet) maybe try Reglan.  Sugg. fenugreek until we can get OB to agree to
script.  Only (maybe) interesting thing in history is that she "never went
into labor on own" was induced, never experienced any after pains, either.
 Would question adequacy of oxytocin, but the fact is, there doesn't seem to
be any change from colostrum to milk - for that matter, she doesn't seem to
be able to express more than drops of colostrum, either.  Any ideas?  History
I might have missed?  My other thought was to switch her to the classic, but
not sure that would have any effect.  She says the pump is working OK.

Jan Barger