From:
Susan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2013 23:16:41 -0700
Thanks, Liz, particularly for these bits.  Those of us who are not attorneys benefit from reminders of our role in shaping public thinking -- in real life terms.

As important as legal protection is, it's empowering for mothers to consider that an action taken today makes its mark today.  It's particularly important to act while our children are watching.

Susan Johnson MFA, IBCLC, RLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

_____

... think about it.  There is no ordinance in my community "allowing" my
tear or sweat glands to operate in any place that I have a right to be.
Why do I need one "allowing" my mammary glands to operate?

Nonetheless, sometimes "the court of public opinion" does more to bring
awareness than the real courts.  Most businesses do NOT, in this world of
social media, [wish] to be seen as "mommy bashers" by ridiculing and shaming
mothers who are merely BFg their children.  ...
_____