From:
Cee Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:09:33 -0700
This breastfeeding quiz - http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/quizzes/l/bl_bf_quiz.htm - has the moms on my local moms list up in arms, and I don't blame them.  If you don't score 20 out of 20, the results suggest you don't know enough to breastfeed successfully.  These moms are scoring from 13 to 16 or so, and they have all been
breastfeeding for *years*.  There are several LLLL on the list, and even they haven't answered every question correctly.  I'm encouraging them to write to the pediatrician who created and maintains the about.com site, and I'd love it if he got a few emails from some of you experienced breastfeeding mamas, IBCLCs and LLLLs.  Feel free to pass it on, too.

  I really think the gist of our comments should be focused on how the confusing wording of some of the questions and answers as well as the results of this quiz could undermine the confidence of a pregnant mom who is considering breastfeeding... or a
new mom who has just started breastfeeding.

Contact him here:  http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/welcome/contactus.html

  Cee