From:
Ann Conlon-Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:48:01 EDT
This is the kind of information that comes through our huge multiples group
in this area... I have tried talking with some of the women who run it, writing
a factual article about breastfeeding twins for their newsletter (they would
not print it because they said it might make moms feel "bad" about choosing to
bottle feed), and advertising in their newsletter, but still they spread lots
of pro-formula information.  I could have just hit "delete" with this one,
but thought I would share it first....

Hi all,

"Call this # (800) 485-9908
to receive a voucher for a free can of Walmart Parents Choice with Lipids
formula. They will ask you if you currently use formula, if so what type, are you
aware of store brand formula, are you on WIC, name of pediatric practice and
hospital where delivered.  Will give only 1 voucher/household.  Offer expires
9/30/03
Anyone who doesn't need it and would like to acquire the voucher for
community service it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, XXX, community service chair"

Ann Conlon-Smith, IBCLC