From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:39:36 EST
I posted this a few weeks ago and did not get any responses.  I was
wondering if any of the members of LACTNET would check out this web site and  give
their responses.  I have been told this is the main organization for  GI
clinicians.
It was brought up on how if babies do not respond to medications that they
are then sent on to be seen by a gastrointerologist.  I want to share with
this group a web site that in the past was more breastfeeding friendly but now
does not seem to even recognize that breastfeeding even exists.
The site is: International Foundation for functional Gastrointestinal
Disorders.  Their web site is: www.iffgd.org

I sent for information  from them and reviewed some of their articles and
pamphlets.  One pamphlet  is titled "Gastroesophageal Reflux in Infants and
Children" there is no mention  of breastfeeding at all.  The management is all
geared to bottles and  formula.
I would love to have physicians from our group look at this site and  see if
they recognize any of the authors of the literature.  I would also  like to
see the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine try and get someone from their  group
involved with this organization.
I truly feel reflux is very much  related to management of breastfeeding.
Ann Perry, RN IBCLC
Boston,  MA