From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 03:14:55 -0500
Margery writes: I have been hoping to find a doctor who would
>tell me that chocolate is a replacement for vegetables. This
>sounds promising.

Thanks for the chuckle.  You *do* remember our former president Ronald
Reagan who informed the country that ketchup fulfilled dietary requirements
for servings of vegetables in children's school lunches?

Breast milk should remain the child's main source of nutrition during the
second year of life, with solid foods gradually becoming more and more
important.  There is no solid food that is nutritionally better for a child
than breast milk.

Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Anthropology and Nutrition
Texas A&M University