From:
Ruth Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 22:21:28 +1100
How to brighten up the evening.  I spent 5 hours on a volunteer telephone
roster and one mother became annoyed when I suggested that her low supply
may be due to her lack of pumping (baby did not latch in hospital, so she is
pumping and feeding with a bottle, SIGH).  She was so busy that she didn't
think she could possible build her supply.  Fortunately, other calls were
more positive, including the mother who just wanted to ask a few questions
and make sure she had a local contact for the holiday period.

About Crisco--wouldn't mothers with CF babies like to use that with all the
extra fats!!  (Have worked with a couple of these families and fats and
calories are very important to their baby's health.

Isn't everyone who helps and supports bf mothers providing the best enviornment?

Cheers to all best bf microenvironments out there

Ruth Berkowitz, NMAA IBCLC
Melbourne Australia