From:
Brian Maves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:42:22 +0900
Since the question of WHO Code acceptance has come up....I thought I'd ask
here:  Does anyone know what policy or directive (or anything!) the US Dept
of Defense has about bfing?  It seems to  me there must be something. And
if there's not, there should be.  So many babies are born in DOD hospitals
each year. I know that each hospital acts independently for the most part,
but has the DOD committed to, for example X% of babies bfing at birth and
X% at six months,etc?  Any  information about marketing of bm substitutes?
I'd really like to spend some time on this, but not sure where to begin.
If such policies exist then hospitals need to be forced to comply.  If not,
then the policies need to be written.  Anyone out there have anything on
this?  Thanks!

 I'm referring to the health care system, not working and breastfeeding
rights.

Gina Gile-Maves
LLL Leader
Misawa, Japan
mom of Mallory (8yo) Kelsey (6yo) Mitch (4yo) and Jenna (5mos)