From:
Grupo Origem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 14:18:53 -0300
Hi, all

I'm Denise Arcoverde and just some days ago I'm subscribed at LACTNET.
As you could realize my English is horrible, and sometimes a little
"nonsense" but I hope you could understand me because I loved this
eletronic conference and I'would like to be in contact with you.

As Laurie Anderson said " language is a virus", I hope to increase my
English, beyond my breasteeding information.

Well, I'm coordinator of a breastfeeding group in the Northeast of
Brazil, it's the poorest region of my country and, unfortunatelly, there
are not lot of mothers breastfeeding. In my state, Pernambuco, just 2% of
the mothers breastfeed their babies just with mother's milk (whithout
tea or water) until 2nd. month of the baby.

Grupo Origem works in poor communitties forming women's group
that will promote breastfeeding with mother support groups, street
theater, community radio etc.

I'm also national coordinator of WABA - World Alliance for Breastfeeding
Action in Brazil and responsible for organizations of World Breastfeeding
Week.

Last year we mobilize around 500 cities in all Brazil during WBW and for
this year we're working hard to do a bigger and better work.

We're also member of IBFAN - International Baby Food Action Network and
we fight against bottlefeeding promotion.

We have works in the communication area, making videos, booklets and
pamphlets and as soon as possible I will give you the URL of our homepage.

Well, I hope to share with you our experiences and fun to work for
promote, support and defense of breastfeeding.

Brazilian kisses and hugs to all!

Denise Arcoverde
Grupo Origem
WABA Brasil
IBFAN Recife.

Ps.: If you'd like to know more about our work, please, write me because
it will be a pleasure.