Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:53:41 -0600
At 10:45 PM 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Oh yeah and ABM will fix it up just dandy!  I think she should be patient.
>How about giving baby acidophilous to restore balance?  Anyone familiar
>with that?  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ

Yes, I suggested the same thing to her.  I did suggest bifidus, which is
the main bacteria in a breastfed infants gut along with acidophilus. But
acidophilus would help too.

The baby needs time to restore his GI tract to health, and these stools are
an indication of what the ill-advised cereal did to him. I remember reading
that it can take up to 4 weeks to restore the GI tract to its normal
environment.

Did you post to her privately?  She implied that she was not going to be
receiving Lactnet.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

mailto:[log in to unmask]