From:
Susan Moxley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 15:19:31 -0300
Hi Katherine:

I really enjoyed your chapter, tonight I am teaching a class at university
it includes information on the hazards of ABM I intend to highlight your
section on warnings on the can, along with examples of the different types
of advertising done by formula companies.  Have you seen the similac fridge
magnet it has a cow on it with a red circle and slash through it the first
impression is a formula that does not contain cows milk!

I would appreciate the references on breast cancer particularly the
protection conferred on female infants.  Have your read any of the work by
Michael Kramer?  He is a biostatistition, epidemiologist and pediatrition at
McGill, Montreal.  He has written extensively on the problems with
breastfeeding research.  One of the main design problems is that they do not
separate out exclusive breastfeeding mothers, partial etc.

One of the assignments my students do is the impact of breastfeeding on
maternal health.  My students often come up with some very current research
I have not yet seen these articles but I will pass them along.  I do not
have the authors but in Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obs. & Gyn.
What the breast does for the baby and what the baby does for the breast,
June 1994.
Epidemiology, Exposure oto breasmilk in infancy and the risk of breast
cancer , May 1994. Sorry about lack of authors I will get copies from my
student.

Susan Moxley IBCLC