From:
Kristine N Wiedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:40:31 -0500
I'm about a week behind but I have an easy way to keep up with pump
rentals without purchasing software. I learned about it from a Medela
Pump Rental Seminar around 1995. I use the Microsoft Works that came on
my computer and set up a database for Pump serial #, mom's first name,
last name, address, phone #, reason for renting, start date, Date pump
due, date invoiced, baby's name, baby's date of birth, how referred,
income from rental, date ret'd, total months used, etc. I have added
fields I wanted (baby's date of birth and reason) for follow-up reasons.
I can print up a sheet for each rental and write comments when I speak to
mom, etc. Then, you  set up form letters in your basic word processing
program. I flag the names that need a letter sent and it prints up
letters for just those names. I have a basic monthly letter and a past
due letter. The letters have blanks that look like <name> and <Pump Due>
will fill in each name, pump due date, etc. when printing up each letter.
This is hard to describe in an e-mail but isn't hard to use.Anyone who
would like more information about this can contact me.
Kris Wiedman  RN BSN IBCLC
Private Practice in Tennessee