From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:01:14 -0700
pat said:
mention my all time favorite statement on page 100.  "PDF (parent directed
feeding) is a new and major paradigm shift for the industry and not all
[lactation] consultants have a working understanding of routine
--------------------------

Pig.  Ezzo, that is.

anyway- I'm sure you all know that parent-directed feeding as part of a continuum of controlling parenting is *not* a
new concept.  I realised this a few years ago while reading some of Alice Miller's work- can't remember exactly which
one, but a perusal of my reviews on Amazon.com will lead you toward the book that made me aware of this.  I highly
recommend Alice Miller's work for understanding long term impacts of child abuse, and how we can address the child who
are suffering, even in a casual situation.  And why addressing them helps- because it helps them know they aren't crazy
for feeling miserable!

Kate
www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina
mom to Ursula (6!) and Sage (3.5) and "Balana Pudding" (1-6-01)

Silicon....Good for memory, bad for mammary.