From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2014 15:45:51 +0100
Thanks to all for suggestions so far.  I was interested to discover that
sudafed is indeed available here, by prescription only, for serious 'airway
obstruction where edematous mucous membranes are suspected as a partial
cause'.  Altoids, no - are they mint drops or something? Contraceptive
patches containing estrogen are available too. Not sure whether this person
is a candidate for either one.
At this point the pain is preventing her from being able to really make use
of block feeding, because she is producing even more following the regimen
for mastitis and the pain is vastly exacerbated when breasts are full.
Although cold to breasts is culturally completely unacceptable, I am
willing to suggest it for her. Any practical suggestions on how to proceed
will be much appreciated, such as how cold, for how long, where, and when.
Will let the list know of our progress!
Rachel Myr