From:
Joann Charnock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2008 00:23:13 -0400
By the time I fooled around for 10 minutes trying to get my password to work, I am trying
to remember your name, is it Lisa, I hope?  Sorry.
Classic case of lactose overload.  I would venture to say.  A little tummy time, under visual
supervision, maybe 5-10 minutes, just prior to feeding, encourage longer feed time at first
breast.  If baby won't stay on, burp, tummy time for a couple of minutes, then back on the
same breast.  He may not like it, because the flow will slow, but if he will gradually extend
the feeding on the first time, he will be much happier  It will be a process to change his
pattern, but will be well worth it.  I have turned around so many fussy, gassy, slow weight
gain babies with this method.  I am sure that there will be a lot of backlash for this, but I
am willing to take my chances.  At my age, and experience, I have really nothing to lose.
(he-he).  Let me know how it goes. Joann C.