From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:17:25 -0700
 How long is your class?  One time only?

At the LLLI conference, a series of "global activities" were performed - we
were divided into "action groups" and told to develop something based on a
theme (each session had a different one) that would be COMPLETED in the
time we met (1.5 hours).

One of the groups developed the outline for a 2 hour class - which was
excellent, as it reflected the brain power of a mixed (culturally,
language, knowledge) group of people.  I believe LLLI plans to have the
results in their website, but I did take notes, so if you want, I can try
to transcribe my handwriting (one reason I never offer to write on
overheads).

By the way, this was the brainstorm of Rebecca Malgalhaes and it was very
exciting - especially as some of us did it more than one session and really
got the "hang" of it.

As always, meeting and sharing and talking at these conventions should also
be considered for CEU credits - what a great amount of experiences were
shared at the meal tables and in bathrooms and hallways!

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
NEW e-mail address: [log in to unmask]