From:
Judy Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 13:40:43 -0400
It is disturbing but obvious to me why Seska BF her son : she is dommineering
and controlling in all her relationships, and of course by BFing the baby she
can make him "overdependent" and show Chakotay (baby's unwitting dad - his
genetic material was stolen to father this child...) how she can again FORCE
men to be linked to her. "She is one of those sick women who needs to BF to
control things." She may also have believed that it would make him strong and
healthy but this is never mentioned. All the other women are too independent
and self-assured to need this primitive behavior as part of their parenting
repetoire. They have careers of importance and are interchangeable with their
husbands as parents -true, but misguided egalitarianism. Sad, but true, this
future is not much different than our present in terms of parenting
wisdom...Judy Fram, Brooklyn, NY