From:
Sue LaLeike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 22:07:08 -0400
I think I came in somewhere in the middle of this thread.  Are some of you
doing a survey, just looking for anecdotal references, or.....?  My
interest is up because I am teaching a just-17 year old and her boyfriend.
Not due till mid-Sept., she has already been admitted to the hospital 4
times for pre-term labor and is now on breathine and supposed bed rest.  I
am especially concerned because of all the compounding risk factors;
besides age and relationship instability, there is severe poverty, lack of
family in area, history of abuse, AND she is going to a non-supportive OB
at a hospital with a pretty mediocre L & D (luckily I know someone there
who can watch out for them IF she's there at the right time. )

Anyway, what information are you looking for?  I'll be glad to send on what
I can learn, and might be able to use your collective concerns to better
assist this mom.

Many thanks,
Sue LaLeike
Lehigh Acres, FL