From:
Mary Kling IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 21:43:41 EST
I took my 16 year old son to see his counselor last week.  Before his session,
she was telling us about a young mother she had "adopted."  The mom was
breastfeeding and my son's counselor had volunteered to babysit.  She told me
that she'd been left with a bottle of formula, which the baby wouldn't take.
I mentioned some alternatives.  As we continued talking, my son picked up two
books and held them over his ears.  Later, after the private session with my
son, the counselor told me that she asked John if he was embarrassed because
we were talking about breastfeeding.  He told her, "No, my mom talks about
breastfeeding all the time.  I was embarrassed because YOU were talking about
FORMULA!"

Wish more people felt that way!

Mary in SNJ