From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:20:28 -0500
At the last update of the listserv, a new filter was installed which stops any post prefaced with 'Dear Friends', until a listmother can approve it.  We didn't realize it until we started to get notices of posts for which listmother approval was required.
We have simply approved the posts in question as they have come from subscribers who are not under scrutiny for any reason, and this can result in delays in posting if no listmothers are watching when the post arrives.

So, if you want to make sure your post gets sent to the whole list as speedily as possible, don't start it with Dear Friends.  We apologize for the impersonal slant of the listserv on this point.

cheers
Rachel Myr for the listmothers