From:
"Deborah L. Tobin, RN, BSN. IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 09:34:11 -0500
<<Date:    Tue, 18 Feb 1997 08:37:18 -0500
From:    Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Channel 7 (ABC News) Chicago
even showed a can of formula with "Breastfeeding is best" on the label>>

Reminded me of the time while working at a downtown Washington DC hospital, a
fairly young sounding mom called at almost three days postpartum to say she
had read the formula can for mixing directions and noticed the above on the
label. She  said if that's true she wanted to breastfeed her baby and wanted
to know if it was too late, and was glad to hear that it was not too late.
Very encouraging.
But, how did she get through all her prenatal visits, birth her baby in a
hospital that has LC's available part of everyday and a postpartum
breastfeeding class everyday, and not get this message till she read a can of
formula? Not acceptable! But I was so glad the message was on the label and
that she read it and called for help.

Deb