From:
Eric/Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 09:54:40 -0700
Jan--
It also makes me very uneasy that we have a "spy" in our midst, and VERY
distressed that unattributed quotes are being posted elsewhere without
permission (and likely without any context). If Peggy Robin, or her
converts, want to be open about their presence here and try to educate us
about the hurt feelings that have obviously been incurred during her
breastfeeding experience (and those of others), then I'd be happy to read
and respond to those messages.

 I've always hated the term "lurker" for people who simply want to read but
not respond, but in this case, I think the negative connotation is very
appropriate. This list is for breastfeeding advocates and helpers, not those
who work against us. I'm not in favour of censorship or banning people, but
would appreciate more openness on the part of members of Lactnet whose
purpose is NOT to promote, protect, etc. breastfeeding.
Leslie Ayre-Jaschke, BEd, IBCLC
Peace River Breastfeeding Clinic
Peace River Alberta, Canada