From:
beadie cambardella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 04:56:40 -0400
   Marie
Good Luck with the opening address.  Wish that I could be there. It was an
ICEA conference that I attended with my husband and first child in Seattle
in 1976 that changed my life forever. Things were a bit different the
conference was on a college campus and we stayed in dorms with meals served
in student dining halls --very affordable and family friendly.  Very
inspiring --my first introduction to Penny Simken and other great leaders of
the movement toward better options for labor and birth.
Following  is a very timely quote from a man much smarter than me that sort
of sums up what we are continuing to face in this and other arenas of our
lives.
Beadie Cambardella RN IBCLC FACCE
Atlanta GA

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has
exceeded our humanity.
--Albert Einstein