From:
Maureen Minchin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 18:41:43 +1100
Jack: I'd agree that it is a definition thing: and we use blocked ducts as
literally that, anything that blocks a duct, like a blocked hose of varying
etiology...So a galactocele may result from a blocked duct but may also
block that or other ducts: chicken and egg stuff. Ditto corpora amylaceae
and the rest: which came first and why? Basic point I wanted to make were
1) that blockages aren't all obvious or inflamed but can be silent lumps at
times; 2) we use the terminology differently and everyone needs to be aware
of that. So of course we don't disagree. How could we????

Maureen Minchin, IBCLC. Christ Church Vicarage, 14 Acland St., St.Kilda,
Vic. 3182 Australia. tel/fax: 61 3 9537 2640
"Taking paths of least resistance is what makes rivers - and people -
crooked." poster in Palmerston North NZ bookshop...