From:
Fiona Coombes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 10:53:51 +0800
Hi everyone
Saw a mother yesterday who had been using the Pl**tex
disposable 'bottle' for giving ebm. She says that the instructions
with it say to boil the latex teat the first time it is used, then only
clean with hot soapy water after that - not to boil or use a sterilising
solution. She got the bottles and teats sent via a relative from the
USA, and I don't think they are available in Australia (or someone
can correct me). It seems very strange that the teats can't be
treated like any other teat - can someone enlighten me???

Fiona

Fiona Coombes MBBS IBCLC               [log in to unmask]
Lactation Consultant, Family Physician
Perth Western Australia