From:
Toby Gish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 19:53:48 PST
The idea of an objective way of measuring engorgemnt was to enable us to measure the efficiency
of cabbage leaves in treating mothers who were engorged because they do not want to bf...or
could not...because of stillborn etc...Since we have no safe drug, as bromcriptine is no longer
allowed in Israel for cessation of lactation.. diuretics don,t work...and I am very leary of
binding breasts.....most mothers want a quick fix....do I sound punchy?...All ye hospital nurses
will understand...I worked the morning shift...there were torrential rains all day..and the
evening shift couldn't get to work....those extra few hours were murder...we were short a nurse
today...fooey...what am I doing reading this now?...this stuff is addicting. Good nite all..Toby
Name: Toby Gish R.N.IBCLC
E-mail: Toby Gish <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 05/01/96
Time: 07:53:48 PM