Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:24:19 EDT
Barb reports,

> Upon further investigation, we learned that Ross had
> changed the product numbers.  We got the new number and tried again.
> Yesterday our purchasing manager called to tell us that she received a
> message from Ross Corporate Office stating that this product is no longer
> available for hospitals.  They went on to say it is possible for us to
> purchase it, but instead of the $7.00 per case we're paying for the Advance
> (and were paying for the regular before we were switched over), it was
> going to cost us $91.00 (yes $91.00) per case!  She checked to be sure it
> wasn't a typo.

Hmmm -- yesterday I was nosing around in the cupboard in the nursery where
the formula is kept looking for some glucose water.  No glucose, but there was
plenty of Enfamil low iron which is our peds group formula of choice for a
breastfeeding baby that needs to be supplemented.  Unfortunately most of the RNs
pay no attention to the orders and give Similac Advance to all babies --
breast, bottle, or steak fed.  But that's another story.  Just to let you know it is
still there.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, RLC
Wheaton, Illinois
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com