From:
Nova Brygger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 07:55:55 -0400
Debbi,
Thank you so much for your response. I too believe that breastfeeding directly
to a mother's own child is important.
However, I believe that if a mother can not breastfeed for various reasons she
should not turn to formula. She should know that there are options for her to
continue or begin with milk meant for human babies not a calf.
Just as the very successful anti-tobacco movement began with prevention in
teenagers and moved towards adult cessation. Breastfeeding endorsement
may need to begin with what is considered acceptable nutrition for an infant
and what is not. Caregivers have been made to believe that formula is the
next best thing to mother's own milk. Only through education can we inform
these mother's and father's that the only acceptable supplement to breastmilk
is breastmilk.
Thanks again.

Nova