From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 00:46:58 -0400
>I did wear my "Everyone's Doing
> It Tee shirt. Some people were amused, one LC was insulted. Guess she
thinks
> BFing is supposed to be serious.
Actually it supposed to be enjoyable :-) and normal.  As LCs, facing all
the opposition we do, we have to be able to laugh with and at ourselves
once in a while or we won't last for the long haul.  And it is a long haul
:-(  I think of the problems I addressed in 1967 and the problems now.
Some are same old, same old and some are new (like universal use of
epidurals :-(  and strict welfare laws about job training and work) and I
realize we will probably always be needed :-(  good job security I suppose.
 But anyway we need to lighten up once in a while.  Who remembers Chris in
her cow costume from Valley Forge ILCA?  For our mental health  - we need
this or we will burn out.
Thanks to Coach Smith for suggesting the daily tees a couple of years ago.
I look forard to it (since I am a BF tee collector :-)
Now I spend all mo in August figuring out where I can wear "Everybody'd
doing it" and not cause major offence :-)  I wear a BF tee shirt EVERY day
in August, even to church!  (Tomorrow it is " Peace on Earth...Begins at
Birth".  They just have to put up with me.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ