From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:39:28 -0400
>If pitocin has a half life  merely three minutes, could you explain why
pitocin
>causes edema in the mother for such a long period after the birth?

This is not my expertise, but it is my understanding that it is not
the pitocin itself that causes the edema, rather it is the fluid through
which the pitocin is administered. In the "old days" I am told
pitocin was given by injection or in a pill under the tongue. I imagine
there was not the same problem with edema as there is now. Other
problems, but not that one.

I know there are others on this list who have much more expertise
than I in this topic, so please, correct me if i am wrong.

Naomi Bar-Yan