From:
Laurena Busby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:59:08 -0800
Hello all,
    My name is Laurena and I am a LLL Leader in BC, Canada.  I have been
lurking for about a month now, and thought I would finally introduce myself.
The following caught my attention:

>I had a pediatrician tell a mom to stop breastfeeding recently because
>her milk had a greenish tint to it.

>I had a mom whose colostrum was thick & green, like pea soup. The
pediatrician was going to culture it because he was sure it was infected. I
convinced him to hold off until I talked with her. Come to find out, she
drank alot of herbal teas and took lots of herbs. >

My "Breastfeeding Answer Book" (LLLI) indicates that Sunkist Orange Soda
turned a mother's milk a pink-orange color.  Gatorade, kelp, and seaweed may
result in green milk.  Gelatin dessers and fruit drinks reportedly can cause
this also.

I got a call once from a Public Health Nurse who had encountered a mom with
black milk.  My information on page 378 states, "Usually this is not cause
for concern".

Laurena Typusiak