From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:19:20 -0800
Bach's Rescue Remedy (alcohol base)  and Nature's Sunshine Products Distress
Remedy (veg. glycerine base) are both excellent choices for delayed letdown
and the NSP one is excellent for  impatient babies too.  As homeopathic
flower preparations, they are extremely safe; with almost a magical response
in virtually all I've used it with.  In Oregon we can find Bach's in the
vitamin section of pharmacies and even supermarkets.  Elsewhere you'll
probably have the best success in natural food stores or GNC-type stores.
To my knowledege, NSP is only available through mail or distributors, so I
keep some on hand (if you want the info privately, just email me and I'll
give it to you.  FYI:  they also make drops for teething, earache, colic,
Candida, asthma, mold & pollen allergies, fatigue, and many more).

I usually give this with a quickie primer talk on homeopathic preps and how
they help your body help itself with minute titrations of particular "like"
substances.  The common dosage for this use is 5-10 drops under the tongue
(for mom) 20 min, 10 min and again immediately before latch or pumping.  For
those who want to use Bach's without the alcohol, it can be evaporated off
in  a small amount of warm water (make sure you stir thoroughly before
taking drops out).  I keep NSP's Distress Remedy in my car and purse for
when my kids fall or experience something traumatic.  Babies--who I don't
think placebo-effect is valid--even show dramatic improvement with
homeopathics given correctly (small doses very frequently).
--
Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  [log in to unmask]   541-753-7340;
mom/wife/ educator/ lactation consultant/ scientist/ researcher/ organic