From:
Rachel e-mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:35:32 +0200
Gretchen responded: "Probably not quite that way; but how many of us weigh ourselves daily to be sure we haven't over eaten or (undereaten for some)?"

I would contest the claim that such practice is carried out by healthy people.  And daily weights of physically healthy adults detect fluctuation that has nothing to do with solid body mass!  Who are we kidding?  If weighing yourself makes you feel better, go ahead, I guess.  If it doesn't, why do we do it?
Rachel Myr
who personally owns two scales: a sports fisherman's scale in my midwife bag for weighing babies at birth, and one in the kitchen, to weigh ingredients in baking, where it sometimes MATTERS.