From:
Ali Crehan Feeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:38:04 -0400
Lee,

thank you for your email! I recall well your FAO Schwartz incident and the
great results you got. Inspiring!

The incident here in Massachusetts has gotten attention - in fact, an
article appeared on the front page of today's Boston Herald.
(http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=145238) It was
a great headline - "Apparently, not all breasts are equal" was the lead-in.

Massachusetts has a bill currently before the Judicial Committee; they are
supposed to report out on it June 30th. We've gotten a lot of folks to call
their state reps and the members of the Committee urging them to support the
bill, which is great! (I myself had a very nice conversation with one
senator's aide, who told me his wife was a nursing mother who had breastfed
their son "well past his first birthday")

The moms over at Mothering have begun organizing for a national nurse out
for July 1st. There is also movement towards some type of visible
demonstration on an earlier date here in Massachusetts at the State House.
This is extremely grassroots, mom-led - but boy, this really hit a nerve
with many of those mothers. I am at this point just trying to keep up with
the mom, Jessie - she's really run with this! - as I am recovering from
surgery and am not operating at full strength, ugh.

BTW, I believe it was Kansas that armed its citizens with laminated cards
explaining their right to breastfeed after the passage of an NIP law.

Thanks so much,

Ali Crehan Feeney, CLC
Quincy, MA
http://lactiferous.blogspot.com <http://lactiferous.blogspot.com/>