From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:26:37 -0500
Re: milk hasn't "come in" @ 5+ days postpartum: "Could this
milk problem be related to medication she took to get pregnant?"

Sounds like it may be related to the reason she needed to take medication to
get pregnant, rather than to the med. itself. Did she notice breast changes
while preg.? Did she have primary amenhorrea? Sounds like maybe a hormone
imbalance.

Do the babies latch on & suck? Any audible swallowing? Urine & stool output
without supplementation? From your evaluation, does it seem like the babies
are getting milk when they nurse? Or is there just nothing?

Cathy Bargar, RN, IBCLC