From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 09:15:05 -0400
Dear Nancy, in thinking about "growth spurts"  I realized that it isn't
probably a "growth" spurt but an "appetite" spurt as you put it.  That is a
better description.  Years ago  I knew  a baby boy who followed this
pattern, he would nurse like crazy for a day or two  until mom was bursting
with milk, then he coasted for 4-7 days on this wonderful supply, then he
would repeat the process when it dwindled!  It drove his mom nuts, but she
was a third time mom and LLLL and decided he was just weird and put up with
it.  He did it for months.  I've lost touch with her, but I've always
wondered what sort of a grown up  he turned out to be :-) He'd be 25-28
y.o. now.

Re: "pooping less, growing more"  I 've observed that when this happens
(infrequent BMs)  around 6 weeks - 2 months these babies are usually really
putting the weight on.  I say they are using it all   up  and don't even
have much waste.  It is interesting how we all explain these different
phenomena to moms.  I guess that is where old and new wives tales come from
:-)  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ