From:
Karen Foard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 09:21:29 -0500
Dear Amy-  I am sure you will get a number of good responses to your
question, and all of us will benefit if they are posted to the list so as to
provide the kind of mental review we all need to do for even the basic
questions of bf management.

When I read your post, the first thing that popped in to my mind was a
client, returned to the workplace, who kept getting plugs and subsequent
mastitis in the same location on her breast.  Turns out she did a LOT of
phone work at her desk, and always leaned on her desk, against the same side
of her breast---voila! --plugs!  This may not apply in your situation, but
it's an add-on to the list, I think , too.

Karen Foard, IBCLC, State College, PA

PS: Thanks for all the marvelous support and encouragement many of you sent
with my burnout feelings a few weeks ago.  Catherine- I did pull out all my
thank you notes and thanks for the cyberhug; Dani-- I'll take cheddar cheese
with my w(h)ine!!!, and Kathleen H--write up your protocols!  Mucho
appreciation to all-- update later!