Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 13:38:19 -0000
I have only posted a couple brief things, as I am really a lurker, but
now that I have done Pat's formula survey, I feel like I ought to
introduce myself.  I'm Lynn Carter, 28, mother to one 18mo nursing son.
I did my undergraduate work in sociology and anthropology, and then did a
master's in counseling.  I worked for two years as a university academic
advisor specializing in international students before I became a mom.

I lurk here mainly because I am in a community where the Ezzos and the
Pearls rule, and I need the moral support.  Here I am normal :)  I attend
a tiny breastfeeding peer counseling group semi-sponsored by WIC, and I
hand out WAOB and baby slings as often as I can.  Slowly I see changes.
It is gratifying to go to church and see other moms slinging, and to
watch them become visibly more attuned to their infants because of it.
Gee, and they thought it was just about convenience :)  Our town has very
little lactation support, and I hear mismanagement stories all the time.
After I have had a bunch of kids and they have grown up enough, I would
love to pursue LC credentials and also become a doula.

I salute all of you who work so hard to help mothers and babies, and
through them the whole world.

Lynn