From:
Terriann Shell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:36:22 -0700
What comes to mind is how many time have the medical professionals been
wrong about outcomes?  These are not Gods nor psychics who can tell you
the ultimate outcome.  This baby might have a chance or why would they
even attempt the surgery? If they ever feed this baby, wouldn't it be
better for baby's condition and mom's state of mind for the feeding to be
breastmilk?

Along with that thought, have you ever heard of a mom of a baby who died
or
was severly comprised that was sorry that she provided breastmilk for her
baby?   Make the suggestion and leave it up to the mom to decide if she
can or wants to take on providing breastmilk or not.

Terriann Shell,
Who has been in the "high risk baby" situation before and
appreciated NOT being left out of decisions because it might be "too
stressful for me".  I wanted to pump my milk to be donated to the milk
bank so that my milk (which would come in whether my baby lived or died)
could be of a benefit to other sick babies.  It is a way of coping for
some of us (and I know of others who felt the same way).